About the Lifeline Program
The Federal Lifeline Assistance Program was established in the 1980s by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) during the Reagan Administration. The program originally provided low-income individuals and household discounted and FREE landline phone service. In 2005, the program was updated under the Bush Administration to include wireless phone services.
The goal of the Lifeline program is to ensure low-income household have access to basic telecommunication services so they can stay connected to family, friends, work, healthcare, job opportunities and 911 emergency services.
True Wireless is one of the leading providers of the Lifeline government benefit program, and provides eligible participants a FREE smart phone with FREE monthly calling and unlimited FREE texting. You qualify for Lifeline Service in your area if you already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Qualifying in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Maryland, Rhode Island
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran's Pension and Survivors Pension Program
- Eligibility Programs for Residents of Federally-Recognized Tribal Lands: Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA), Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TATNF), Headstart (meeting income qualifying standards) (Tribal)
Your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
Number Persons in Household Annual Income:
48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories
For each additional person, add
You may also qualify if your total household income meets Federal Poverty Guidelines. To find out if you qualify today, sign up by clicking the link below, or call True Wireless, Toll-FREE at 1-877-412-1919.
True Wireless is proud to provide Lifeline wireless phone service to those in need.